We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Stair machines can have pedals or rotating steps.
Stair machines offer an intense cardio workout that uses the large muscle groups in your legs to raise your heart rate for calorie burning. One pound of fat is approximately 3,500 calories, so to lose 1 to 2 pounds of fat each week, you need to burn an extra 500 to 1,000 calories every day. A 160-pound person can burn about 657 calories in one hour on a stair machine, according to MayoClinic.com. Train properly and you will see that body fat drop.1.
Read the instructions on the stair machine before you begin, or ask a certified fitness professional how to use the machine. Wear athletic shoes and proper clothing so you don't get your clothes or laces caught in the stairs.2.
Step onto the machine. Place your hands on the rails and use them for balance. Avoid leaning over as that can cause injury or discomfort.3.
Follow the instructions to set the machine. Start with a manual program to control the speed, and adjust it at any time. Begin going slow and warm up for five minutes.4.
Increase your pace on the stair machine for the work portion of your workout. You can speed it up one level at a time until you find a pace that is challenging, but does not make you feel out of breath. Maintain this pace for 20 to 50 minutes.5.
Cool down for at least five minutes after the work portion. Bring the level back down to where you started, or slightly slower. Allow your heart rate and breathing to return to normal before stepping off the machine.
- Stair climbing machine
- Talk to your physician before beginning any exercise program.
- Start slow. If you can only do five minutes to begin, that's OK. Each time you use the stair machine, add one minute until you build your endurance.
- As you get more comfortable on the stair machine, try different programs.
- Always keep your intensity moderate to vigorous in order to burn fat.
- Train five to seven days each week for 30 to 60 minutes for fat loss.
- Do not use the stair machine if any parts seem loose or unstable.
- Stop immediately if you feel light-headed, nauseated or experience pain of any kind.
- Don't start with the maximum amount of exercise recommended if you are new to exercise, or have never used a stair machine on a regular basis.