We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
You can lose 8 pounds in four to eight weeks on the Slimfast plan.
George Doyle/Stockbyte/Getty Images
Slimfast products don't have any magical weight loss properties, but they can help you control your portion sizes and daily calorie intake, which can help you shed pounds. Losing 8 pounds with Slimfast should take a month or two since losing 1 to 2 pounds a week is considered a safe rate of weight loss. The plan consists of about 1,200 calories per day -- low enough that almost anyone will lose weight if they follow the diet's guidelines.1.
Replace two meals each day with Slimfast Protein Meal Shakes or Protein Meal Bars. Each meal replacement product contains about 200 calories and provides high doses of fiber, protein, vitamins and minerals.2.
Eat three snacks of about 100 calories each between meals. Slimfast offers packaged snack bars in several flavors. You can also opt for fruit, vegetables or a small handful of nuts to fill up on fiber and protein without adding extra calories.3.
Choose one 500-calorie meal per day made up of the foods you'd normally eat. Fill about one-fourth of your plate with a starch, such as brown rice or whole-grain bread or pasta. Choose lean protein like fish, poultry, tofu or beans to make up an additional fourth. Fill the remaining half of your plate with vegetables of your choice to help you stay within 500 calories. The Slimfast website offers recipes for inspiration if you're stuck on what to eat for your main meal.4.
Exercise at a moderate intensity for at least 30 minutes most days of the week. If you're an exercise beginner, start slowly with walking or light aerobics. Swimming, biking and jogging are other good exercise choices.
- Slimfast meal replacement drinks or bars
- Slimfast snack bars (optional)
- Sign up for a "My Plan" account on the Slimfast website to customize your daily eating plan, track your weight loss and connect with other Slimfast dieters for support.
- Vary snack and meal replacement choices to prevent yourself from getting bored eating the same things.
- Though the Slimfast plan doesn't require it, incorporate strength training two or three times a week to increase your overall fitness level and increase muscle mass.
- Maintain your weight loss by continuing to engage in regular exercise and eating a healthy diet consisting of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, low-fat dairy products and lean protein sources.
- Eating only 1,200 calories a day likely isn't enough if you're a very active person. Add some extra calories to your snacks or your balanced meal for additional energy if following the plan exactly leaves you feeling tired or sluggish.
- Talk to your doctor before beginning the Slimfast plan if you have health concerns.